Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard edition is ideal for those customers who want to have a physical or lightly virtualized environment. This edition enables you to run up to two virtual instances of Windows Server with each license and provides all the same features as Datacenter edition. The licensing for Standard edition will continue to be processor plus CAL, with each license covering up to two physical processors on a single server, just like Datacenter edition.
- Full OEM Version of Windows Server 2012 Standard Edition, 64-bit
- Simplified management console and clustering included
- Deduplication: Reduce wasted storage automatically
- Virtualization: Run up to two virtual machines on up to two CPUs
- OEM Server License and Media; Server 2012 Standard requires CALS, which are not included with this product.